domenica 4 ottobre 2009

Lloyds TSB don't give a shit about account holders

Woman bombarded with bank calls

Avril Dolbear, from Plymouth, is being bombarded with calls from confused bank customers because her new phone number is the same as a sort code.

Avril, of Plymouth, Devon, said: ''I've tried to tell the bank time after time - it's a fraud risk but they're just not interested. They're lucky I'm honest.
Avril, of Plymouth, Devon, said: ''I've tried to tell the bank time after time - it's a fraud risk but they're just not interested. They're lucky I'm honest." Photo: APEX

The 47 year-old is being driven ''round the bend'' by dozens of daily calls from Lloyds TSB account holders.

Avril recently changed her home phone number but was unaware the six digits were the same as the sort code for a local bank.

She says confused customers see their bank statements and ring the sort code thinking it is the number of their branch as the bank is not putting the customary dashes between the numbers.

Confused customers responding to letters from their bank are even leaving their full account details and personal information on her home answer phone.

Avril, of Plymouth, Devon, said: ''I've tried to tell the bank time after time - it's a fraud risk but they're just not interested. They're lucky I'm honest.

''I could be committing ID fraud for all they know, perhaps then they'd be interested in me. I'm going round the bend from all these phone calls. It's driving me mad.

''I keep wanting to get angry with the people phoning up but it's difficult because it's predominantly old ladies - one was phoning up to cancel a direct debit because her husband had died.''

Avril has tried to rectify the problem by contacting Lloyds' head office, the Financial Services Authority and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

She said: ''I've complained bitterly to the bank, mostly because I'm worried about the security risk.

''They just said 'change your phone number' - they want me to be their secretary.

''Every single time I get customers on the phone I try to explain the situation, but now my answer phone is getting full of all these account numbers and details.

''Some weeks it's worse than others but I'm getting phone call after phone call from people who think they're phoning up the bank. It's not their fault. They find it very confusing.''

A spokeswoman for Lloyds TSB said: ''We take the safety and security of our customers' details extremely seriously.

''On all of our correspondence we make sure that the telephone number to contact us on is made clear and we apologise if customers are confusing the branch sort code with our telephone number.''

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Post in evidenza

The Great Taking - The Movie

David Webb exposes the system Central Bankers have in place to take everything from everyone Webb takes us on a 50-year journey of how the C...